Monday, January 28, 2013

Dots and Mint. And contemplating red hair.





Shirt: Macy's (VERY OLD)
Undershirt: Shade (demi-half shirt)
Belt: From another skirt
Shoes: Aldo (Old)
Necklace and Bracelet: WontonMommy
Earrings: India

Ben was out of town today, and it is always a harder day when he is gone.  Especially since today was Sunday, and he is good at keeping order at church.  Luckily, the boys were pretty good at church, and no one had to be taken out into the hall.  

Now on to other matters; my hair.

My hair is getting long, and I keep it up most of the time.  Even though I try to do different things,  like braiding, pinning, curling, it is almost always up.  Usually when I get to this point, I chop it off, but I am really nervous about getting my hair done.  There are some horror stories floating among some of the ladies here, that I just think I might wait until we go to Utah this summer to get it done.  I have been pinning short hair styles on Pinterest, trying to be inspired.  Then the other night, I was watching "In Time". You know the movie with Justin Timberlake and Amanda Seyfried? Well, in it, Amanda's character has short red hair, and I thought to myself "self, you need to be a red-head".  
I think this summer big changes are coming to my naturally brown locks.  My only reservation is that red hair can be quite high maintenance, so we will see.  Perhaps in the five months that I have until I actually go to Utah, I will change my mind.  Or take the plunge and get it done here...you never know.  I have done crazier things.  Like bleaching my own hair with hair dye I bought in Russia. Not a good hair day; clumps of my hair were falling out.  Then I tried to fix it by dying it back to brown.  Swamp thing.  That is what I looked like. It took a lot of time and money to fix that mistake.  It has been over 10 years since that error, and I still have nightmares.




4 comments:

  1. Love this seafoam outfit on you.


    Kisses
    Sofia

    stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this look! You look so cute, and I'm LOVING that skirt! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love LOVE this outfit and the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore this look so much! You look great. Meg Purse Giveaway

    ReplyDelete