Monday, January 21, 2013

Who is "they"? Thoughts about Labor Day and Wearing White.






Dress: Local
Necklace: Groopdealz.com
Earrings: Stella & Dot
Shoes: JCrew

You know "they" say not to wear white after labor day*?  Well, I have a few questions about that.  The first is- who is they?  Did a committee get together one day and decide what the "rules" for what to wear are?  How often do "they" meet?  Do "they" ever change "their" minds?  Next question- Labor Day (the first Monday in September) is a holiday in the US, but what is the rule outside of the US?  IS there a particular day that the white rule starts? When is it?


Today I decided that I was going to wear my white dress since:

1.  I don't live in the US and Labor Day (first Monday in September is not celebrated here). 

2.  Winter doesn't happen here.

3.  Because I wanted to.



This dress is a perfect dress for warm weather, it is 100% cotton, lightweight and obviously, light in color (which I have heard keeps the mosquitos away).

There you have it.  

*I know there are "winter whites", however, this dress does not qualify as "winter white".*

No comments:

Post a Comment