Thursday, January 3, 2013

Playing tourist.





Shirt: Local
Skirt: Thrifted
Necklaces:  Forever21  
The medallion is from Groopdealz.  
(It is personalized with the latitude and longitude of where Ben and I met.  Cute, huh?)

I would like to mention that I know that this color shirt is all wrong for my skin.  It is too close to my coloring to do anything but wash me out.  However, since I was playing tourist, I wanted to wear the only Sri Lanka shirt I have.


We went to a local Buddhist Temple, called the Gangaramaya Temple.  Did you know that Sri Lanka is a Buddhist country?  Yes it is.  There are Buddha statues and Temples all over the city, and we went to Gangaramaya, which is one of the bigger ones.

 I really wanted Jack to come along with me.  He often asks questions about Buddha and what it means to be Buddhist, so I thought he would enjoy going.  
I am glad I talked him into it, because he had a good time.

When you enter the temple, you have to take off your shoes, which is why we are barefoot.


Some pictures of our adventures.






No comments:

Post a Comment